X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
THE FOUNDATION OF AN AMAZING JOURNEY
Our goal at X is to make the world a radically better place. In order to do that we seek fresh unexpected perspectives, from different fields, and that’s why we’re excited about you.
Life here isn’t easy, but it’s fun. We’re trying to build things most people can’t even imagine, and we’re doing it with the hope of making a huge, positive impact on the world. You’ll be embedded into a moonshot project, where you’ll partner with team members to solve key challenges.
This isn’t your ordinary internship. You’ll be positively challenged and pushed professionally, in ways that you may have never experienced. If this excites you - keep reading.
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP YOU CAN EXPECT:
- To be placed on one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and with Google benefits
- To be part of a lively community of other Interns and Residents
- To addend colloquium and discussions with team leads from across Google, DeepMind and external organizations
- Due to Covid-19, internships are held remotely through 2021
- Laptops and equipment will be provided
- Duration: May-June 2021 start date; 12-14 weeks on average
- Must be enrolled in an academic program and working towards completing an Undergraduate or Master’s degree
WHAT YOU'LL BE WORKING ON:
- Create a framework for understanding our market and end users
- Create a foundation for our product valuation, growth, and innovation in the context of project mission and vision
- Articulate the product-market fit and advocate our end user pain points in the context of their socioeconomic and other relevant conditions
- Translate these points into a plan to test and implement desirable outcomes for our end users in the context of our technology solution and business strengths
- Establish buy-in for data-backed recommendations for senior-level audiences on key inflection points in the overall business strategy (tied to the learning plan)
- Assess the product opportunity landscape and generate hypotheses about high-value opportunities, making a case for new investments
- Work closely with team members to develop user profiles, market requirements documents, product requirements document for our product portfolio
- Currently enrolled in an Masters of Business Administration, preferably with an engineering background and product management experience
- Entrepreneurship - identify opportunities, source partnerships, secure resources
- Initiative - create your own workflows, proactively ask for input/feedback, iterate with an ability to quickly shift priorities and work with a high sense of urgency
- Strategic thinking - identify bottlenecks/key problems in ambiguous and complex environments; ideate creative and efficient solutions
- Quick learner - grasp a range of technologies and applications
- Demonstrated understanding of the broader technology industry
- Understanding of optical or photonics systems
- Previous entrepreneurial experience - you’ve launched a business (project, company, club), turning an idea into a revenue-generating endeavor; you see opportunities where others don’t
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.