X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
We are the Everyday Robot Project at X, a moonshot that brings together people with varied skill sets and backgrounds to build a future where robots can be as helpful to people in the physical world as computers now are in the virtual world. We believe that the future of robotics and AI can unfold in a way that has lasting positive impact in our everyday lives and our wider communities. Our mission is to build learning robots that help people everyday and everywhere live better lives. Creating robots that can learn in different ways??involves navigating some of the hardest challenges in robotics today. It’s an ambiguous and iterative process, so we’ve worked hard to create a team environment where collaboration and creativity can flourish, and where people always feel comfortable bringing their unique perspectives and expertise to the table.
The Everyday Robot Project @ X is looking for HW Testing interns for 2021. Meet our team and learn more about our moonshot.
This will be a fully remote internship ranging from 12 to 16 weeks in length. We anticipate several start dates in May & June.
What You Will Learn
- How to develop SW as part of a team
- What it takes to write quality code that holds up over time
- The HW fundamentals of a part of our system
- About your teammates, and get an opportunity to refine your career goals in those conversations
- Develop a testing plan and collecting stakeholder feedback
- Implement your plan as checked-in code, primarily Python
- Validate that your code works appropriately on a large sample of HW
- Analyze and monitor the results of your project
- Currently enrolled in an academic program and be working toward completing a Masters degree
- History of code contributions (github or other repos)
- Design and implementation of programs in Python
- Comfortable managing / working with Linux environment
Nice to Have
- Strong examples of engineering analysis
- Experience in mechatronics or robotics
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.