X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
Role Summary. One of X’s confidential projects is looking for a Lead Infrastructure SWE. We’re seeking someone with significant experience employing Google tools and infrastructure, with the ability to architect a backend that will both accelerate the team's research and deliver products to customers.
This is a dynamic role and great for someone who enjoys “getting their hands dirty” as well as growing productive teams. As an early member of the project, you will be expected to be a highly cross-functional communicator, organized, and strategic. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can operate in a dynamic loosely structured environment (think startup). Our team is very collaborative and hands-on and we strongly believe that our strength comes from having a safe environment for critical thinking so we encourage you to apply if this is the sort of environment you enjoy and thrive in.
- Explore bio-neural inspired ML creation and development; Rapidly develop prototypes to evaluate feasibility
- Architect and build infrastructure that enables both investigation and productionization. Scale solutions into robust systems.
- Work cross-functionally across teams and with experts at X and other Bets. You will be expected to interface with both technical and non-technical roles, including to leadership
- (future) Grow a diverse team of SWEs to scale as the project scales
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Proven strong coding skills (Python is required. C++ and Go preferred)
- Experienced architecting new systems and building infrastructure
- Excited to work in a small team in a rapid prototyping environment
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in ambiguity and fluidity
- Effective technical and non-technical communicator
- Knowledge of or interest in neural inspired ML networks
- Experience working with vision-based ML problems
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.