X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
Lead Software Test Engineer
We believe there are many problems in the world in which robotics could play a significant role in making it easier, faster and safer for people to get things done. We’re looking for roboticists, designers, hardware and software engineers to help us explore these possibilities, develop breakthrough technologies, and build new products that could help millions of people.
As a Lead Software Test Engineer, you will own and drive the construction of critical components of our software test infrastructure, including but not limited to: unit tests, integration tests, and hardware-in-the-loop tests. In addition, testing of software on robot hardware, manual and automated tests of applications, including humans in the loop. You will be a champion of testing, creating a culture of accountability and documentation. You will be driving the adoption of features to our automated test framework.
How you will make 10x impact:
- Design and create test workflows.
- Design, implement, and maintain test plans, test cases, and test protocols for
- unit tests,
- integration tests,
- hardware-in-the-loop tests, and
- application tests (both in simulation and on real robots).
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or equivalent practical experience
- Five years of experience in testing software components
- Experience developing automated tests in hardware focused environments
- Experience in C/C++, Python, and working in Linux environments including automation, scripting, and testing
It would be great if you also had these:
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or an equivalent field
- Experience developing automated test equipment or automating tests for hardware systems
- Experience in industrial robotics and manufacturing environments
- Experience in management
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.