X is Alphabet’s moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, world-changing ideas are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. For X to be successful, we have to repeatedly turn breakthrough technology ideas into products that solve large problems in the world, and create meaningful businesses for Alphabet.
About the Role:
We are pushing the limits of science and computational modeling, helping people walk, climb, and physically navigate the world around them.
- Duration: Flexible - 12 Weeks up to 6 months depending on availability.
- Location: Virtual
- Paid Internship with benefits
Throughout your AI Residency you can expect:
- To be imbedded into one of our confidential or public X projects
- To get paid competitively and receive benefits
- To be a part of a lively community of AI and Quantum Residents
- To attend tech-talks with AI leaders from across Alphabet, Google, DeepMind, and externally from organizations and top academic institutions.
- Currently enrolled in a Phd program in a STEM field related to Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Bio / Mechanical Engineering, and Physics.
- Completed coursework in calculus, linear algebra, and physics, or their equivalent.
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience and interest in working on ML data related to control, robotics, wearable, prosthetics, and haptics.
- Experience with practical ML modeling focused on time-series analysis, regression/classification, dimensionality reduction & data exploration.
A plus, if you have:
- Diversity in experience with ML domains (e.g. supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning).
- Experience with ML libraries and platforms such as TensorFlow or JAX.
- Research publications in AI/ML/Robotics/Optimization/Control conferences or journals (e.g. NeurIPS, ICML, ICRA, ICRL, ICLR, CVPR).
- Open-source projects that demonstrate skills and experience with neural networks/ML/AI.
At X, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at: email@example.com.